Ascentis NOVAtime Time and Attendance
A good Time and Attendance system has the power to transform businesses, increasing efficiency and ensuring fair and accurate pay for all employees.
In an ever-changing economy and business environment, the one thing that can help a business control costs is an end-to-end Workforce Management / Time and Attendance solution. How will the NOVAtime Workforce Management / Time and Attendance Solutions help your company? The answer is, simply, by automating routine tasks, optimizing pay and shift rules, and providing interface options to create detailed labor cost reports. Many large Enterprise companies have turned to our solutions and have begun to leverage the NOVAtime Workforce Management / Time and Attendance system as a strategic tool, as well as a differentiator for their particular industry or vertical market.
Request a Demo
Time and Functionality That Works for You
The NOVAtime Workforce Management / Time and Attendance system is one of the most robust workforce management solutions on the market, accommodating a virtually unlimited number of employees, pay codes, and pay rules. With a parameter-driven, open modular design, the system easily adapts to organizational changes.
- User-friendly online portals for administrators, supervisors, and employees.
- Highly configurable dashboard with a simple, intuitive interface that has everything on a single screen. From attendance exceptions, scheduled vs actual hours, leave requests and approvals, to system information and hardware statuses, NOVAtime allows supervisors and administrators to easily navigate employees’ time and attendance data.
- Interfaces with over 300 3rd party applications, including payroll/HR/ERP systems, eliminating double entry of shared information.
- Wide selection of data collection devices to accurately capture employee time and attendance. NOVAtime’s fully automated solution help companies manage, collect and process employee time and attendance more efficiently. NOVAtime’s automatic data collection options include biometric devices, swipe card, web browser, telephones, and mobile apps (for Android, Apple iOS, and Windows devices).
Robust Timesheet Editing & Approvals
The NOVAtime Timesheets feature enables supervisors to review, edit, and approve their assigned employees’ timesheets. Employee punches and attendance exceptions are displayed on the timesheet, as well as on the supervisor’s dashboard for quick corrections as needed.
- Audit log to track edits and adjustments.
- Reason codes and notes to prevent or resolve disputes over data changes.
- Retro-pay adjustments to prior pay periods.
Configurable Rule Setup
The NOVAtime Rules Setup module enables pay rules that are parameter-driven and easy to set up, modify, and track.
- Shift rules – scheduled start/end, meals, breaks, and premium parameters.
- Policy rules – pay period definitions, overtime, punch rounding rules, etc.
- Holiday rules – paid hours, scheduled day before/after qualifiers, prorate hours based on historical hours worked, etc.
- Accrual rules – vacation, sick time, PTO, etc.
- Pay matrix rules – complex shift differential and premium rules.
- Point system rules – automation of attendance policies.
NOVAtime is workflow-enabled, allowing users to configure customized workflow approval levels for timesheet editing and supporting notifications via phone, email, or text message of events requiring attention, such as pending schedule requests, offline data collection devices, and employee no shows. NOVAtime’s flexible workflow approval levels support up to 10 approval steps, as well as a user delegation feature for cases in which the normal designated approver is absent or requires assistance.
User-Friendly Self-Service Portals
NOVAtime is web-based for all users, including payroll administrators, system administrators, supervisors, and employees. Self-service user accounts can be accessed through a PC via a standard web browser, as well as through selected time clocks, mobile apps, or the Phone-in System.
- Administrator Web Services * – enables system administrators to set up and manage the NOVAtime Workforce Management / Time and Attendance systems according to company requirements.
- Supervisor Web Services * – provides supervisors real-time insight into their workforce, helping them control overtime costs and reduce compliance risks.
- Employee Web Services ** – empowers employees to manage their own time and attendance history and leave.
* Standard Features for NOVAtime SaaS, STAR, STARbox, and Lite
* * Standard Features for NOVAtime SaaS, STAR, STARbox
Time and Attendance Reporting
The NOVAtime Reports feature offers a variety of report categories and templates, allowing users to create and customize reports on system and employee data. System administrators are able to pre-configure reports that are to be used by supervisors, while access features control what type of information users are allowed to report on. Additionally, NOVAtime reports may be published to all system users or emailed to designated supervisors only.
- Over 150 pre-installed report templates that can be customized, saved, and published.
- Report customization, filtering, and sorting capability.
- Report output in PDF, Excel, RTF, HTML, or CSV.
- Print preview option.